QCF Level 2 Diploma in Smart Metering – Dual Fuel 600/1888/4
These Smart Metering qualifications are nationally recognised qualifications developed in consultation with Energy and Utility Skills and the National Skills Academy for Power.
Depending on which qualification is chosen, the learner will need to complete some or all of the following units:
- F/508/0970 Working Safely in the Energy and Utilities sector
- T/508/1050 Working Practices in the Energy and Utilities sector
- A/508/1051 Using and Communicating Technical Information in the Energy and Utilities sector
- F/508/1052 Delivering Customer Service When Working Within the Energy and Utilities sector
- L/508/1023 Install and Commission Communication Systems for Smart Meters
- L/508/1054 Applied Practices and Principles for Installing Low Pressure Natural Gas Smart Meters up to U6 only
- K/508/1076 Prepare, Install and Commission Low Pressure Natural Gas Smart Meter and Regulator up to 6.0m3/hr
- M/508/1077 Low Pressure Gas Smart Meter Tightness Testing and Direct Purging
Optional Gas Unit
- L/508/1264 Prepare, Install and Commission Medium Pressure Natural Gas Smart Meter and Regulator up to 6.0m³/hr
- T/508/1078 Install Single Phase Meter and Associated Equipment (New Connection)
- K/508/1403 Change Single Phase Meter and Associated Equipment
Optional Power Units
- H/508/1422 Install Multi Phase Meter Whole Current New Connection
- H/508/1402 Change Multi Phase Meter Whole Current
- A/508/1339 Install Single Phase Meter and Associated Equipment on Multi-phase Cut-out New Connection
- A/508/1325 Change Single Phase Meter and Associated Equipment on Multi-phase Cut-outs
Assessments consist of a combination of practical and theory examinations. On completion, BPEC Certification Ltd will upload the learners’ assessment results for the dual fuel and gas qualifications to the Gas Safe Register.
For the purpose of Gas Safe registration the units relating to gas safety are normally valid for 5 years.
On expiry, candidates are eligible to take re-assessment. The re-assessment can be taken up to 6 months prior to the expiry date of the initial qualification without losing out (MOT Style). Previous certificates must be presented to the assessment centre as evidence of holding the initial qualification.
QUALIFICATION GUIDE L2 Smart Metering
Purpose Statement L2 Smart Metering 1
Purpose Statement L2 Smart Metering 2
Purpose Statement L2 Smart Metering 3
DECC Smart Meters Leaflet
Smart Energy UK
Ofgem Smart Metering
Energy Savings Trust – Smart Meters
Training materials are available from a number of sources.
BPEC Services Ltd training materials
For UK funding info visit Learning Aim Reference Service Qualification Funding Information
To work within the energy sector installing and exchanging domestic gas and electric meters.
Recognised within the Energy Sector.
Assessment centres wishing to deliver the Level 2 Smart Metering qualifications should contact AOadmin@bpec.org.uk
Locate your nearest assessment centre here