How can the Charity help you?
The focus of our charity’s activities is to raise the knowledge and skills of those who work in the UK plumbing and heating industry and help people.
- Sponsor research into training needs
- Support the training and development of plumbing operatives
- Encourage leadership, entrepreneurship and innovation
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders
- Galvanise the industry in raising standards
- Developing new training materials and qualifications for the P&H Industry
- Producing safety awareness materials
- Creating an innovative e-portal system and various tutor support materials
- Producing materials to assist in the selection and recruitment of new apprentices
- Managing and delivering regional and national plumbing skills competitions with the opportunity for winners to go on to the WorldSkills competition
- Supporting the development of plumbing tutors across the FE delivery network
- Creating and identifying resources for schools and resources for centres
- Developing sustainable entry routes into the Plumbing and Heating Industry
- Being an active member of the World Plumbing Council
- Identifying and signposting new government initiatives that will benefit our industry
- Supporting SummitSkills as the Standard Setting Organisation for the BSE sector
The Charity also provides opportunities for financial support to individuals and groups via a number of different awards.