The new BPEC Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing and Domestic Heating qualification (603/4526/3) is now available for registration. The qualification is a mandatory requirement within the Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technician (Level 3) Apprenticeship Standard.
A range of bespoke resources to help centres and their staff in the delivery of this qualification are available free of charge as part of registration and certification fees. These include:
- Knowledge workbooks for each phase. Each knowledge workbook covers all the assessment criteria within the qualification for that phase. This allows tutors to test the knowledge of the apprentice as they progress through each phase of the qualification and can be used for end of year revision prior to the end of phase knowledge assessment
- Practical workbook and practical guide for each phase. These have been designed to enable the apprentice to gain the necessary skills required to successfully complete the practical element of the plumbing technician qualification
- End of phase practical and knowledge assessments. These are used to assess the knowledge and practical skills of the apprentice before progressing to the next phase. These will be made available to centres through the BPEC secure file transfer portal and via the BPEC online exams system
- Two onsite performance assessment records are used to collate the apprentices work based evidence. These cover the core plumbing during the first three phases and the chosen pathway (Gas, Oil, Solid fuel or Environmental technologies) during phase 4
- PowerPoint presentations and schemes of work are also available that compliment and support the above documents and follow the plumbing textbook (see below)
Textbooks for Phase 1 and Phase 2, offering specific guidance and tutor support throughout the programme, and with content aligned to our free resources, are available to purchase. The textbooks, which were developed alongside the qualification and which have been exclusively written for BPEC by plumbing author Mike Maskrey, offer full and comprehensive coverage of both practical and theory aspects of the qualification for Phases 1 & 2. The books, which can be purchased via our online shop, cover learning outcomes and assessment criteria relating to each unit within each phase.
Textbooks and supporting resources for Phase 3 are currently in development.
Neil Collishaw, BPEC CEO, said: “We are confident that our qualification and supporting materials are second to none, offering extensive support to colleges and training centres delivering this new qualification. The qualification and resources have been developed by our highly experienced team and I am proud that we have such an outstanding and comprehensive package available. The positive response we have received regarding our textbook and resources confirms to me that we have developed a qualification which will benefit both delivery staff and their learners.”
Colleges and training centres interested in gaining approval to deliver this qualification, please contact the BPEC AO Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on 01332 376000.