This manual is to be used in conjunction with the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 (England and Wales) Course.
The course covers the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 (England & Wales), the Water Supply (Water Fittings)(Scotland) Byelaws 2014 and The Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2009. It meets the requirements of WRAS (the Water Regulations Advisory Scheme) of which the majority of the UK water companies are members.
The manual consists of the following:
0. Introduction, background and legislation
1. Learning Outcome 1. – Understand the requirements of Part 1 of the Regulations/Byelaws Materials and substances in contact with water
2. Learning Outcome 2. – Understand the requirements of Part 2 of the Regulations/Byelaws
3. Learning Outcome 3. Understand the requirements of Part 3 of the Regulations/Byelaws
4. Learning Outcome 4. Understand the fluid categories as set out in Schedule 1 of the Regulations/Byelaws)
5. Learning Outcome 5. Understand terminology used to understand requirements of Schedule 2 of the Regulations/Byelaws (schedule 2, paragraph 1)
6. Learning Outcome 6. Understand the requirements for materials and substances in contact with wholesome water (schedule 2 paragraph 2)
7. Learning Outcome 7. Understand the requirements for water fittings (schedule 2, paragraphs 3, 4, 5, 6 &
8. Learning Outcome 8. Know the design and installation requirements for water systems (Schedule 2, paragraphs 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
9. Learning Outcome 9. Understand the requirements for the prevention of cross connection to unwholesome water (Schedule 2, paragraph 14)
10. Learning Outcome 10. Understand the requirements for backflow prevention (schedule 2, paragraph 15)
11. Learning Outcome 11. Understand the requirements for cold water services (Schedule 2, paragraph 16)
12. Learning Outcome 12. Know the requirements for hot water services (Schedule 2, paragraphs 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 & 24)
13. Learning Outcome 13. Know the installation requirements for WC’s, flushing devices and urinals approved for use (Schedule 2, paragraph 25)
14. Learning Outcome 14. Know the types of bath, sink, showers and taps and their location and installation Requirements (Schedule 2, paragraphs 26, 27 & 28)
15. Learning Outcome 15. Know the consumption limitations for washing machines, dishwashers and other appliances (Schedule 2, paragraph 29)
16. Learning Outcome 16. Know the requirements for water supplied for outside use (Schedule 2 paragraph 12)
17. Learning Outcome 17. Understand the requirements for hygienic working practices 18. Learning Outcome 18. Understand other legislation surrounding the installation of
19. Learning Outcome 19. Understand how to become an Approved Contractor
20. Glossary of Terms (definitions and interpretations)
You can now buy this manual together with our Level 3 Plumbing and Domestic Heating Qualification Textbook Phase 1, Level 3 Plumbing and Domestic Heating Qualification Textbook Phase 2, Level 3 Plumbing and Domestic Heating Qualification Textbook Phase 3 and Unvented Hot Water Storage Systems Manual as a package for only £184.50. A saving of £38.00! Just follow this link – but hurry as this offer is available for a limited time only.
Delivery of this manual within the UK is included in the price.
Standard UK delivery is up to 5 working days. Orders of 20+ manuals make take longer so please order in plenty of time for your course.
For orders outside of the UK please call the office on 01332 376000 for a delivery cost and to make payment, or email email@example.com.
FIND YOUR NEAREST CENTRE
With over 200 BPEC approved colleges/training centres throughout the UK, we can help find one local to you. Enter your postcode or town in the Find Your Nearest Centre search function and select the course you are interested in.
Once you have obtained the contact details for the centre/college, please contact them directly to obtain course dates/prices etc.