May 12, 2017
The Department for Education (DFE) do not plan to withdraw funding for non-performance table (RQF/QCF legacy) qualifications until the implementation of the Skills Plan.
As a result, BPEC’s Level 2 and Level 3 Plumbing Foundations will continue to be eligible for funding.
Level 2 and 3 Plumbing Foundations
Both qualifications provide an excellent entry into the Plumbing industry. Following successful completion, learners can top up their qualification to a NVQ (once a work placement has been secured) in order to become fully qualified.
Units covered on the Level 2 Plumbing Foundation are constituents of:
- 600/5270/3 – Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating
- 600/5271/5 – Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Domestic Heating
Units covered on the Level 3 Plumbing Foundation are constituents of:
- 600/6284/8 – Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Domestic Plumbing and Heating (Gas Water Heating and Wet Central Heating Appliances)
- 600/6863/2 – Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Domestic Plumbing and Heating (Environmental Technology)
- 600/6871/1 – Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Domestic Heating (Environmental Technology)
Therefore, both qualifications provide evidence to a prospective employer that a candidate could complete a NVQ/ apprenticeship framework.
If you wish to become approved to deliver any of BPEC’s qualifications please contact the Awarding Organisation:
T: 01332 376000 (Option 2)