BPEC are active members of the World Plumbing Council (WPC) and are represented at their annual conference where world plumbing issues are discussed.
- Develop and promote the image and professional standards of plumbing to the world.
- To encourage, participate in and facilitate the exchange of information, research and technology applicable to the world plumbing industry.
- Promote plumbing education and training worldwide.
- Promote the plumbing industry’s role in improving public health through the provision and protection of safe water and sanitation.
- Promote the Plumbing Industry’s role in safeguarding the environment through proper management, care, reuse, and conservation of natural resources.
As part of their work, the WPC established the World Plumbing Day which is a major initiative in promoting clean water and sustainable drainage in countries across the globe.