The changes to BS 6891: 2015 will be reflected in the October 2016 ACS Suites. The area’s that will be affected are:
- Non-Domestic Core Part A (Including COCNP1LS)
The scope of this British Standard specifies the design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of gas installation pipework carrying 2nd and 3rd family gas of up to 35mm (R 1¼ ) on premises, including Residential Park Homes and Caravan Holiday Homes. This standard does not cover:
- Service pipework / Distribution systems
- Pipework contained within an appliance
- Bulk Storage vessels
- LPG pipework installed in leisure accommodation vehicles in accordance with BS EN 1949
- Boats / yachts and other vessels
- Gas pipework supplying or within catering establishments covered by BS 6173
BS 6891:2015 supersedes BS 6891:2005 + A2:2008, which is withdrawn, and partially supersedes BS 5482 part – 1: 2005, which is partially withdrawn.
No other changes are at this time proposed for the October 2016 ACS Suites.
Feedback would be much appreciated on a proposal for a full ACS Suite change regarding all the suites (e.g. unify all suites back to Suite A or to Suite L then we would have version change from 1 to a maximum of 5 per suite change). Please pass on your thoughts to the Certification Body via:
T: 01332 376000 (Option 1)