The World Plumbing Council has decided to extend the closing date for those interested in submitting an application for the 2014 World Plumbing Council Scholarship program to the 31st August 2014.
There are two scholarships available, they are;
- World Plumbing Council Education and Training Scholarship – A one time scholarship for an individual involved in plumbing industry training wishing to visit a country for the purposes of researching and furthering plumbing training and methodologies.
- World Plumbing Council Least Developed and Developing Countries Scholarship – A one time scholarship for an individual involved in the plumbing industry, and a citizen of those countries listed by the UN as least developed and developing, wishing to visit a country for the purposes of researching and furthering plumbing training and methodologies in their country.
The WPC Scholarship program provides the opportunity to live and work within the culture of another country, providing the chance to learn another language and develop industry networks and friendships. Successful applicants are encouraged to focus on the following areas during their scholarship program;
· Identification of emerging vocational training needs and trends
· Plumbing training & education to address the environment and sustainability issues
· The value of water efficiency to the community and the plumbing industry
· How does plumbing training or lack of training affect public health in a country or region?
Applications now close on the 31st August 2014.
For information on least developed countries go to http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/least_developed_countries.htm
For information on developing countries go to http://www.isi-web.org/component/content/article/5-root/root/81-developing