BPEC have developed the Solid Biomass (NOS Mapped) Course to incorporate both core solid fuel and biomass heating systems. The course is aimed at qualified heating engineers who wish to install domestic solid wood-based biomass heating systems.
This manual is to be used in conjunction with the training course, with both covering the following:
- Introduction to solid fuel and wood heating
- Solid fuel wood heating
- Combustion, appliance types and fuel types
- Legislation, regulations and standards
- Flues and chimneys classification
- Flues and chimneys ventilation
- Appliance installation requirements
- Appliance maintenance requirements
- Basic chimney faults
- Unsafe situations
- Introduction to wood heating
- Biomass heating systems: technical overview
- Fuel supply and combustion
- Regulations and standards
- System cost, funding and policy support
- Hydraulic systems
- Fuel storage systems
- Conducting a site assessment
- Installation and maintenance
- Determining system size
- Commissioning and customer handover
- Operation and maintenance
- Unsafe situation
BPEC recommend that you use these training manuals as a pre-course study pack to prepare you for training and assessment.
The materials serve both as a means of learning, as well as a tool of reference for future use.
Delivery of this manual within the UK is included in the price. Standard delivery 1-3 working days.
For orders outside of the UK please call the office on 01332 376000 for a delivery cost and to make payment.
FIND YOUR NEAREST CENTRE
With over 200 BPEC approved colleges/training centres throughout the UK, we can help find one local to you. Enter your postcode or town in the Find Your Nearest Centre search function and select the course you are interested in.
Once you have obtained the contact details for the centre/college, please contact them directly to obtain course dates/prices etc.