This privacy notice sets out the ways in which BPEC‘s group of companies (BPEC Training, BPEC Certification Ltd and BPEC Services Ltd) may collect and use your personal information.
By submitting your personal information, you consent to the use of that information as set out in this notice.
BPEC may collect and process the following information about you:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your National Insurance Number
- Contact details (addresses, phone numbers and email addresses)
- Learner/candidate enrolment and achievement data
- College staff involved with the assessment process
- The information you provide on any assessment and/or qualification application and/or result form
- Information that you provide to us via our website (e.g. if you subscribe to our newsletters, notifications, enter a promotion, complete a survey, request information, or purchase goods or services via our site)
- Any other personal information relating to you that you supply to us
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
BPEC may use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
- To issue and award certification for the successful completion of assessments and qualifications
- To send newsletters and/or notifications to you, if you have signed up to receive them;
- To provide you with information about our products, services, and upcoming events, if you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To notify you about any important information about, or changes to, our products and services
- To provide you with products and services requested by you
- If it is reasonably necessary to contact you for any reason relating to the provision of products or services to you
BPEC will not sell or license your personal information to any third party. However, BPEC may disclose your personal information to:
- Staff members of BPEC
- Gas Safe Register (GSR)
- Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA)
- Department for Education (DfE)
- Contractors engaged by us to provide services on our behalf. Such contractors would be subject to privacy regulations under GDPR
- Provide you with any products or services you have purchased or requested
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation to do so
- If our business is sold or integrated with another
The information you provide to us is controlled by BPEC as the ‘Data Controller’; however data that may be supplied to us by any third party is controlled by them.
All personal information provided to us is either stored on our secure servers located in the UK, or on the secure servers of sub-contractors that we have engaged to provide services on our behalf. When transferring data to other organisations as described above, we use secure file transfer protocols (SFTP). We will not transfer your personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area that do not have adequate data security laws.
You may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by using the ‘unsubscribe’ functionality at the foot of any marketing communications sent to you.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal data held by BPEC at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you a subject access request to complete and return to us.
Please note that we only hold information for the period of time that is necessary. Any data beyond that period will have been deleted or anonymised.
If you have any queries about the contents of this notice, or if you wish to know more about the personal data held by BPEC, please contact BPEC at: 1-2 Mallard Way, Derby, DE24 8GX, or email email@example.com